Friday 14 November 2014

Eschatology : The Events of the tribulation (cont.) 6

  1. The Mass Return of Jews to Israel.

One Remarkable chapter in the Bible concerns the return of Jews to Israel in the Latter days.
Eze 37:1  The hand of Jehovah was on me, and brought me by the Spirit of Jehovah, and made me rest in the midst of a valley, and it was full of bones.
Eze 37:2  And He made me pass among them all around. And behold, very many were on the face of the valley. And lo, they were very dry.
Eze 37:3  And he said to me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord Jehovah, You know.
Eze 37:4  Again He said to me, Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the Word of Jehovah.
Eze 37:5  So says the Lord Jehovah to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.
Eze 37:6  And I will lay sinews on you, and will bring up flesh on you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live. And you shall know that I am Jehovah.
Eze 37:7  So I prophesied as I was commanded. And as I prophesied, there was a noise. And behold, a shaking! And the bones came near, a bone to its bone.
Eze 37:8  And I watched. And behold! The sinews and the flesh came up on them, and the skin covered them above. But there was no breath in them.
Eze 37:9  And He said to me, Prophesy to the Spirit, prophesy, son of man, and say to the Spirit, So says the Lord Jehovah: Come from the four winds, O Spirit, and breathe on these dead ones so that they may live.
Eze 37:10  So I prophesied as He commanded me, and the Spirit came into them, and they lived and stood on their feet, an exceedingly great army.
Eze 37:11  And He said to me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel. Behold, they say, Our bones are dried and our hope is lost; we are cut off by ourselves.
Eze 37:12  Therefore prophesy and say to them, So says the Lord Jehovah: Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves, and will bring you into the land of Israel.
Eze 37:13  And you shall know that I am Jehovah when I have opened your graves, O My people, and have brought you up out of your graves.
Eze 37:14  And I shall put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. And you shall know that I Jehovah have spoken and have done it, says Jehovah.


Note the present Day ingathering of Israel.
In 1882 there were approximately 25,00 Jews in Israel.
In 1900 there were 50,000.
In 1922 there were 84,000.
In 1931 there were 175,000.
In 1948, there were 650,000.
In 1952, there were 152,000. Today there are approximately 7, 000,000 in the Land.




Jer 12:14  So says Jehovah against all My evil neighbors who touch the inheritance which I have caused My people Israel to inherit: Behold, I will pluck them out of their land, and pluck out the house of Judah from among them.
Jer 12:15  And it will be after I have plucked them out, I will return and have pity on them, and will bring them again, each man to his inheritance and each man to his land.
Jer 12:16  And it will be if they will carefully learn the ways of My people, to swear by My name, As Jehovah lives; as they taught the people to swear by Baal; then they shall be built in the midst of My people.
Jer 12:17  But if they will not obey, I will uproot and destroy that nation, says Jehovah.



The return to the land of Israel.
The re-birth of Israel is an unprecedented phenomenon in human history. That a people should go into exile, be dispersed, and yet survive for 2,000 years, that they should be a nation without a national homeland and come back again, that they should re-establish that homeland is a miraculous, singular event. No one ever did such a thing.


Eze 11:14  Again the Word of Jehovah came to me, saying,
Eze 11:15  Son of man, your brothers, even your brothers, the men of your kindred, and all the house of Israel, all that have heard the inhabitants of Jerusalem saying to all of them, Go far away from Jehovah; this land is given to us for a possession.
Eze 11:16  Therefore say, So says the Lord Jehovah: Though I have sent them far off among the nations, and though I scattered them among the lands, yet I will be to them as a little sanctuary in the lands where they had gone.
Eze 11:17  Therefore say, So says the Lord Jehovah: I will even gather you from the people and assemble you out of the lands, in those where you were scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.
Eze 11:18  And they shall come there, and they shall take away all its hateful things and all its abominations from it.
Eze 11:19  And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you. And I will remove the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them a heart of flesh,
Eze 11:20  so that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances, and do them. And they shall be My people, and I will be their God.
See also (Eze_28:25; Eze_34:13; Eze_36:24).

Evidence: Israel reborn as a nation & Mid-East conflict

Israel would be re-established as a nation.  This event is one of the most important end times prophecies and will start a chain of apocalyptic events that will culminate with the return of Jesus Christ.
I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own land.” (Ezekiel 34:13)
For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land.” (Ezekiel 36:2)
I, the Sovereign Lord, will gather you back from the nations where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel once again.” (Eze.11:17)
  • (Also see: Jer.31:10,32:34-41, Neh.1:9, Psa.107:3, Isa.43:5, Eze. 37:21, Mic.2:12)
Israel was obliterated by the Roman general Titus in A.D. 70.  Jerusalem was destroyed and the Jewish people were scattered around the world.
No other nation in history has been destroyed only to re-emerge 2000 years later.
  • On May 14, 1948, Israel declared independence and once again became a nation.
  • For centuries, scholars struggled with the fact that that the end times refers to Israel existing.  The books of Daniel, Ezekiel, and Revelation all describe apocalyptic events that reference Israel as a nation.
  • The rebirth of Israel prompts tremendous unrest in the Middle East.   The Bible states that this unrest will eventually threaten world security and set the stage for the antichrist (Dan 9:27) to assume power through a platform of peace (Dan 8:25) leading to the eventual return of Jesus Christ (Rev 19: 11 – 21).


For those who think this event is just mere coincidence, Israel’s neighbors have attempted to destroy them countless times.  Each time, against superior odds, Israel has prevailed as God stood by his promises.
  • A day after declaring independence on May 15, 1948,the Arab armies of Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon attacked Israel. Though vastly outnumbered, Israel held their ground and conquered an additional 2500 miles of territory.(Source:  Anti-Defamation League)
<http://endtimesonline.net/israel-as-a-nation-evidence/>

No comments:

Post a Comment